Where is the Trolley?
Expectations of Trolley Riders
- Please remember to be respectful of trolley drivers and NewTown Macon employees at all times. They reserve the right to refuse use of the trolley service to anyone at any point for any reason.
- No food or beverages may be carried on the trolley at any time.
- Use the trolley service with caution if you have a tendency to experience motion sickness.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- Remain seated or hold on to provided hand railings when the trolley is in motion.
- Students are responsible for cleaning up any messes they make or trash they carry.
- The Trolley stops at only designated and predetermined stops downtown. Do not ask the driver to make unscheduled stops.
- The trolley is not expected to serve as the primary method of transportation for private organizational events. Alternative arrangements must be made with NewTown Macon for these types of events.
- Students may be requested to provide identification to the driver prior to boarding the trolley.
- Students are permitted to bring one guest with them on the trolley, as long as they are able to present a bear card.
- Students are expected to operate under Mercer's guidelines for a community of respect (see the Lair) and are subject to conduct violations for inappropriate behavior.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Trolley System or GPS Trolley Tracking, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at Mercer University at (478) 301-2685 between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday-Friday.
Hours of Operation
NewTown Macon trolleys run the Mercer University route according to the following schedule:
** at 6:30, 7:00, and 8:30pm the Trolley leaves the Macon campus and transports students to Kroger. After returning to campus at 8:30pm, it begins the normal route.
CHANGES TO THE NORMAL ROUTE will be sent via Bear Blurbs as well as posted on the trolley tracker.
Students who are downtown and would like to ride the trolley back to the Macon Campus on the last run of the route need to arrive at the trolley stop during the 2:30am route. The last stop the trolley runs is back on the Macon campus at 3:00am and does not return downtown after that.
NOTE: For safety, the trolley is limited to no more than 38 passengers at any one time. If you anticipate riding the trolley during peak periods of use, it is important that you have a back-up plan (taxi, friend, designated driver, etc) of transportation in case there are more than 38 individuals waiting for the last route to run.